Words of the Week
PURPOSE: The Words of the Week (WOW) is designed to promote learning and literacy through the expansion of word knowledge and vocabulary skills.
"WOW" in Action
- The "WOW" word will be announced every Monday during morning announcements.
- Students are encouraged and challenged to use the "WOW" word as many times as they can throughout the school day.
- Parents are challenged to guess the word of the week by noticing overuse of the word by their child.
- The Word of the Week will be displayed on the designated bulletin board.
- Students are encouraged to use the words in their daily writing activities.
- Administrators, staff, and volunteers will ask students about the acquired words.
- Teachers and administrators will recognize positive exemplars of word usage.